Wednesday, January 5, 2011

December--Ripping off the year end

December 6th I sighed a sign of relief coz it was the last working day and I was super excited about The Goa Wedding I had to attend.This was The first wedding where I was going to attend all the ceremonies...and it was more of "learning more about your culture" thing for me..coz I am originally goan but you can barely call me one...Coz i am Hyderabadi at heart I love all things Hyderabadi .....The biryani ,curd rice thali,the city ,everything...
Goan weddings like most others is a several weeks affair .Usually they have the ROCE,The Nuptial-Reception,Potone and the after wedding parties .Roce Is like the haldi ceremony the only difference is that instead of haldi we apply Coconut juice to the bride and bride's maids...Goan Weddings are a lavish affair ..You have unlimited Booze,Roast meat,sorpotel,Sanna,great music , Dance and great crowd.
18th was THE day ...The Nuptial was at St diago's Church MonteGiri followed by reception at the emerald lawns ,Parra.
The Bride looked alluring with her angelic smile..


The hall was beautiful...Everything seemed perfect ..The arrangements and planning was done well in advance and no stone was left unturned to make the reception the best.The days after that i spent Sightseeing .....My friend took me to this really beautiful church at cansolim .Its the church of three kings and Mass is served only once a year on the feast of "The three kings-Ephipany"....3 men dressed as kings walk up the hill to the church from the village .The View From the top Is breathtaking..I wish I could freeze that moment.... It was Soooo beautiful!

South Goa is also famous for its floating cribs in cansolim village which are remarkable when you see it in person.

There is alot more to Goa than just the beaches,babes and booze ...Its the land of beautiful valleys ,Rivers,lakes ideal for fishing (one thing i enjoy most when i goto goa),Forts ,Ferry rides ........and of course The very famous Mapusa market....... One cannot miss going there.......I couldn't explore alot this time But surely hope to on my next visit to Goa......
Like always I met many new people ,some I will never forget for they managed to make a strong first impression,Some taught me lessons I will never forget For Good and for bad .
The following week after I got back from Goa was a real busy one ....Annette's Birthday,Christmas Ball, New year's with People Who matter the most ..Couldn't ask for a better way to begin the New year!

No comments:

Post a Comment